CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 25, 2010

Reality

Well, I can't decide which option I should try next.  Since I can't seem to eat what I plan on the day I plan to eat it, I'm thinking of maybe just having 7 meals listed and then I just cross them off as we eat them.  Or I could just post a Reality post on Sunday of what we really ate through the week.  I might try both and see what we like.

So, here's our Reality post for last week.  I thought we mostly did pretty well. 
Jan 17-23

Sunday- Stuffed shells and garlic bread
  Since this recipe is ginormous, we froze half the shells when we originally made it last month.  We weren't crazy about how it tasted the first time we tried it, but this time we ate the shells from the freezer.  It was SUPER easy and for whatever reason it was SO good!  I'm not sure what I did differently, but yum yum yum!  Also, for our family I think it would be better to split the batch into 3.  They don't make good leftovers. 

Monday- Turkey sandwiches

Tuesday- Sloppy Joes

Wednesday- Beef Enchiladas

Thursday- Pork Chops with Potatoes Au Gratin
   This is a family favorite.  Nothing special, but very tasty!  I sear seasoned pork chops in a frying pan.  Then I prepare a box of potatoes au gratin (someday I'll attempt making it from scratch) per the instructions on the box and put the pork chops right on top of the potatoes.  Put it in the oven at 350 F for about 40 min.  serve with a green veggie and enjoy. 

Friday- Leftovers
   I believe this needs to be a weekly thing.  If not leftovers...pizza. 

Saturday- Spaghetti (because I forgot to buy ricotta cheese...oops!)

0 comments: