CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 18, 2010

Menu Jan 17-23

Well, last week's menu was pretty much a flop.  I was having some pretty bad heartburn, but it seems to not be as big of an issue for the last few days.  So, here's our best efforts for this week.

Sunday- Stuffed Shells w/garlic bread
Monday-Sloppy Joes
Tuesday- Pork Chops w/potatoes au gratin
Wednesday- Enchiladas
Thursday- Rotisserie Chicken
Friday- Rice and Meatsauce
Saturday- Baked Ziti w/garlic herb rolls

It's nothing fancy or particularly nutritious around here lately, but I figure it's better than eating out all of the time.  We've saved a bunch of money on groceries and such since I've started to plan menus (and usually stick to them).  I sit down with the grocery store ads and make a menu for 2 weeks.  Then I make my list and go to the store (and almost always stick to it).  Now, I'm starting to use coupons more and learning all the fun things about matching coupons with sales and doubling coupons and so on and so forth.  When I get more experienced with that I'll let you know how it's working.

At first I thought this process was pretty time consuming, but then I realized how much time I was spending everyday thinking about what's for dinner, and running to the store to get those last couple ingredients (with some extras).  And the more I do it the easier and faster it is to do.  So, I hope I can stick with this goal of mine not just for this year, but for years to come.

0 comments: