CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 07, 2010

Reality

Jan 31-Feb 6

Sunday- Rice and Meatsauce
  I finally got smart and halved the recipe.  I mean, the recipe (if you can call it that) I have been using could easily feed a family of 7.  So why would I make that much for a family of 3??

 Monday- Mashed potatoes with kielbasa
  Once again, I was smart to halve the recipe.  Wow!!  Who knew I could be so smart?

Tuesday-  Puff Up Pancakes with Bacon
  Dave and Christian LOVED this meal!!  I thought it was good, but next time I'll add more sugar to the strawberries.  The pancake itself has zero flavor.  It really gets the taste from what you put on it.  Oh...and 1/2 cup butter was WAY too much in my book.  Dave thought it was perfect, but next time I'm only gonna use 1/3 cup.  Ssh! Don't tell him. 

Wednesday-  Tacos
   I used Old El Paso taco seasoning...and it had very little flavor.  I can't for the life of me remember what brand we used to use, but Old El Paso isn't it!  Oh, and I made my very own flour tortillas for this.  They were okay, but a little too floury.  It's going to take some practice.

Thursday-  Goodtimes...and it wasn't that Good, Sorry!  I think it's safe to say that it's WAY too expensive for fast food and my baby doesn't like it.  Ewww!

Friday-  Spaghetti (used the leftover Kielbasa sausage as the meat in the sauce.)

Saturday-  Oven Baked BBQ Chicken
  I don't really know how to cook.  So, this was an experiment.  But it was delicious.  I seasoned chicken legs with garlic salt, pepper and poultry seasoning (I shook it in a gallon sized bag like shake and bake).  Then I baked it covered at 350 for an hour, uncovered, drained the liquid, covered the chicken with bbq sauce and baked uncovered at 350 for another 30 min.  It was moist, and yummy and very easy.  Everyone ate it up with no leftovers.  I guess that's a good sign.  


I'd say we did pretty good this week.  We switched things around towards the end of the week since I have yet ANOTHER cold!  (That' 3 colds in 4 months!)  Anyway, hopefully I'll be feeling better soon.  I really enjoyed sticking to the plan this week.  It doesn't take much to make me happy, I suppose.

0 comments: